Thursday, October 27, 2011

Blaaaaaah...

G'afternoon/eve, reader(s)! Hope your day's been going fine so far. Mine's been pretty decent up to this point; still got the rest of the night to go, and I don't see the day changing much from the way it's been going, so I may not have much to say today. :P

So Halloween's coming up (my all-time favorite holiday of the year) and I honest have no idea what I'm going to be for the party I'm going to tomorrow night. It's been suggested that I could just throw on my work pants and boots w/ a polo, maybe wear my stethoscope around my neck (or in my pocket), and go as myself at work. Hmm...I might do that; those pants are pretty warm during these cold nights. Being a 5.11 Tact product (and $60+), they better be. I've also considered just doing what I did last year for Halloween: be lame and just where my normal street clothes with my Michael Myers mask. Even if I did go with the latter, I would end up taking it off 5min after I arrive. It's hotter than hell inside that thing! Anyways, one way or another, I need to do SOMETHING. We'll see...

So this party I'm going to. My bud and his wife are throwing this little...movie screening party, with plenty o' fun and spiked drinks poison (it IS Halloween). The movie they're screening is "Trick 'r Treat." I'm sure some of you have heard of it, but more than likely, most of you have not I'm guessing. I've seen it quite a few times, myself, and I highly recommend it as a fun, spooky Halloween movie. I won't discuss anything about it, I'll let you check it out yourself.

This is the cover art for the movie if you happen to have a Netflix account. Plus, it's available on Instant. It has it's moments of being cheesy, and it's graphic/gory in some ways, but again...IT'S HALLOWEEN!! :)
Anyways..... I really wish I could be pulling another 48hr shift here really soon, but instead, I'm just doing a 24hr shift on Nov. 1. They were looking for a driver to just cover that one day, and I REALLY need the cash and experience on the job, so I took it, of course. It's an hour and 40min drive down to the station in Macon, MS, but the paycheck will be worth it I'm sure. Hopefully, I can get another 24 or 48hr shift tagged along with it during the same pay period. Maybe if I'm lucky, I can add 72hrs to the 24hr shift *fingers crossed*. The joys of starting out PRN. Having no set hours suck, but hey, it's a job and I'm getting paid. It's a better deal than the unemployment I've had to deal with these past 17mo. :D.

Hmm...what to do for dinner? Well, my parents and I did the local Mexican place before they went to church, so I think I may just do up myself some pasta this eve while they're out doing their thing. I love cooking up some pasta dinners. Tonight, think I may do some pasta with meat sauce, seasoned with a touch of garlic, oregano, crushed red peppers, mix in some shredded chicken, and tiny bit of shredded cheddar cheese...for a tangy flavor and color. Shoot...I just love to cook everything. I find it fun, relaxing, and I get to experiment with different combinations of foods. Oh yeah, I'm definitely a keeper LOL.

And lastly, an upbeat, random song from back in the day (1998-2000 maybe). Takes me back to being 12 and 13.


Have a great rest of the day, people!

1 comment:

  1. HEHE, glad you found you a party to attend.

    Oh, and where is my supper? That sounds good!

    ReplyDelete